Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Explaining the Premise

When I tell people the name of my blog, most of them ask, "Why is it called that?"  So I decided I should probably explain.

Dancing with Daddy is a metaphor for our relationship with God, who is our daddy.  He lovingly invites us to walk with Him in a very structured way.  We must trust Him and turn toward Him and follow His plans for our life and behavior.  We must follow his lead unquestioningly and continue dancing to the end of the song (our life).  Trust, closeness, and following are all key elements of dancing well.  Communication is also a necessity for harmony of action and added enjoyment throughout the dance.  All of these aspects have a correspondent in our relationship with God; therefore, we must learn to dance with Daddy.

In posting on this, I intentionally focus on learning to live well.  A not-so-intentional point of focus has seemingly become relationships.  While they were not the original idea, relationships are an important part of our walk with God (John 13:34-35).  And, as a friend recently reminded me, every relationship is like a dance because it requires communication and proper responses from both people.  Therefore, learning to "dance" with people by cultivating good relationships with them is one part of our learning to dance with Daddy.

I hope that explanation makes the name more understandable, but I am always open for questions if it does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment